LIFEWORKS COLLEGE WORKS ON THE PRINCIPLE THAT ALL OUR STUDENTS
HAVE THE ABILITY TO BECOME ACTIVE AND VALUABLE MEMBERS OF THEIR
• We use a curriculum which is flexible, tailored to each student’s needs and is
designed to support the student in gaining the skills that will enable them to make the most of every opportunity that adult life has to offer.
• As our students will need the support of their families, friends and care
workers to reach these goals Lifeworks College involve these key people at every opportunity.
• All of our staff are highly qualified and experienced and have specialist training in teaching students with learning disabilities. Students are taught in small groups with a high staff ratio and often receive 1:1 support.
• Students are provided with access to specialist services including speech and language therapy and medical support.
• All students have the opportunity to participate in at least one
long-term, local work placement. Our individualised learning programmes are built around students developing these placements whilst at College with the aim that they will lead to employment on leaving.
• The curriculum areas include Transition Skills, Personal Development, Sport and Recreation, Creative and Performing Arts, Independent Living Skills, Work Experience and Literacy, Numeracy and IT.
• The College curriculum caters for the different levels and expectations of each student, whether they are progressing towards independent living and working or to a more supported living within a residential setting.
• Opportunities exist for students to gain appropriate nationally accredited external qualifications.
• The outcome for each individual will be governed by their ability and
progress but the overarching aim is to ensure that every student realises their full potential.
• We are working towards being an integral part of our community of Dartington in the South Hams and we access local facilities and employers in the village of Dartington and the town of Totnes on a daily basis.
• We work closely with Devon and Cornwall Careers, employment services, adult services and voluntary organisations.
• Lifeworks College is supported by the expertise and activities of the whole of the Lifeworks Charity. Students are able to participate in charity-wide activities as well as having access to events run by the Lifeworks Charity such as surfing days and Saturday youth clubs.
College placements are fully funded by the Education Funding Agency through your local county authority. If you have difficulty in applying, please contact us ... together with your school and careers advisor, we can help guide you through this process.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PLACE AT THE COLLEGE
If your son or daughter would like to be considered for a place on the Lifeworks Further Education Programme for this year, next year or in the future, please download and complete the form COLLEGE APPLICATION FORM and post or email it to,
The College Administrator, Lifeworks College, Lescaze, Dartington, Totnes TQ9 6JD.
For more information or to arrange a visit, telephone us on 01803 865075