Lifeworks is working together with local community partners across South Devon and Torbay to enable our service users to participate, enjoy and contribute to community life;
- To have the opportunity to learn and keep learning
- To be independent; not because they can do everything for themselves, but to have control over their lives
- To feel safe in their community
- To work and volunteer in their community
- To participate in leisure activities that enhance their life skills, their creativity and are great fun
- To develop activities that are local and easy to access
- To manage the many transitions in their lives with appropriate support
- To have a strong voice and lead development
- To have a network of meaningful friendships and relationships
- To be well informed and equipped to make positive informed choices and decisions about their lives
- To be and stay healthy
- To support families to be resilient and enjoy family time together, as well as good quality time apart.
Please use the menu to the left to explore an evolving range of projects that aim to support the vision of local families including youth clubs in Totnes for young people age 14-25 transitioning into adulthood; the Lifeworks Holiday Project providing short breaks for families across the holidays and Breaking the Barrier which to date has supported more than 1000 children and young people age 8-25 get on a surfboard for the first time:
“It has taken 5 years of coming to your fantastic events, and today, against all expectations, my son not only got into a wet-suit (which he told us that he would NEVER do) but surfed! You have no idea what a huge breakthrough this is…best of all he LOVED it… thank you…most of all for the huge and total acceptance and friendliness of everyone…a sunshine event in my memory”
To find out more information and to access Lifeworks community projects, please contact us.